Help with '97 Pontiac Sunfire blinker issue

5

Asked by Jan 24, 2016 at 03:38 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Dr SE Coupe

I have a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire SE.  Rear driver's side blinker doesn't work.  Changed bulb and checked fuses, they are fine.  Brake and tail light burns, but blinker doesn't blink.  It's the same bulb so I'm stumped.  The front blinker on that side works and all other bulbs and blinkers are working fine.  Please advise.

4,705

Check / replace the turn signal flasher unit under the dash.

5

Taver91: If the turn signal flasher unit is at fault, wouldn't all the blinkers, especially the ones on that side of the car (front & rear) both not work? As stated before all other blinkers are working including the front on the same side as the one that doesn't work.

4,705

If it is a double filament bulb, make certain both are working. Typically, one element is for the brake and the other is for the tail light and "blinker".

5

As stated in my original post, the bulb was changed and definitely NOT the bulb. Turns out it was a broken wire in the rear where the bulb plugged in. Less than 5 minutes and zero cost and it was fixed. Thanks for your help though.