No fire on all spark plugs.

Asked by May 06, 2012 at 07:00 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Recently was given a 2002 Pontiac sunfire 2.2l. Was told that it would not start. I went out and got a
can of Quick Start and the car started right up with a jump from my truck. As i was taking the jumper
cables off, the person who started the car for me was telling me about a noise it was making. The car
died and I haven’t been able to get it started again, since. The noise was an arching noise from what
she said. Sounded like it was near the firewall. When I crawled underneath the car to see if i could find
what it was. I found the water reservoir sensor wires eaten up to bare wire from the belt. I've cut and
cleaned them up. Still nothing. Checked all fuses, put in a new battery, new crank shaft position
sensor, new coils, and had the Ignition module checked and it was good. All out of ideas.

how many miles on it? check to see if the cam shaft is turning as you have someone crank it either through the valve cover or timing cover .turn the key to the on position ,does the check engine light come on ? if not you could have a bad computer.

Try the crankshaft position sensor