2002 Sunfire no start has spark

10

Asked by Mar 09, 2010 at 07:28 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Parked car last night, ran fine now it will not start.  I have checked all fuses and found that it has spark.  What else can i check?  It ran fine until last night

8,800

Do you hear the fuel pump running when the key is switched on?

10

I havent tried with the gas cap open, i have never heard the fuel pump. I will try that today.

105

Did you ever get your problem solved??? The fuel pump is easily heard with all outside noises quiet. Turn the key to the on position and if its quiet enough you'll hear it come on for about 5 seconds or less. It should come on whenever you set the key to off position then on. How did you confirm that your car is getting spark?

95

I just had an issue with my Avatal Alarm/Remote Start in my '02 SE. The "Security Theft" and "Service" lights came on simultaneous. The "service" light was indicatiing that my fuel pump was not functioning, which is part of the 2000-2005 gm anti-theft system. My resistances were off by a few ohms, and set my alarm into theft mode, which shut down my fuel pump to keep the car from "being stolen". The resistance issue set off the "Security theft" light while the fuel pump set off the "service" light. The car reset its fault code a few days later on it's own, but the shop I took it to was never able to find anything wrong, the guy who installed the alaram found the problem. - Hope this helps :\