Low beam and daytime headlights won't work. Service light is on

Asked by Feb 07, 2011 at 09:55 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE

My service light has been on for about a week and now my daytime and low beam headlights don't work. I am going to check for a faulty fuse and possibly replace the lamps. I was wondering if anyone has any insight or experience with this? Thanks in advance.

I took it to a garage as this was over my head. The cigarette lighter was shorting out and blew a fuse causing both low beam bulbs to blow. They charged me for the scan with the computer so I guess that helped narrow it down for them. But its all good I was treated well at the garage and best of all they didn't charge me an arm and a leg.