I have a car that won't start!

90

Asked by Jun 10, 2015 at 02:33 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD

I have changed the started had the battery and
alternator tested. It comes on but won't crank.

80

Does it have a check engine light? When was the last time u got a tune up? Another thing to check into is the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor.

17,650

First make sure the engine is not locked up. Check by having someone that is a little but mechanically inclined and have them to use a racket and socket put socket on crank shaft pulley nut then racket most likely will need an extension and try to turn crank shaft pulley nut if motor will not turn motor is locked up. If it just turns one way something is keeping it from turning over.

90

The check engine light is not on and it just had oil change and fluid check we even tried spare key

17,650

Do you hear the starter clicking when you are trying to start or nothing at all ?

90

Yes that's why I replaced the starter first

90

The engine is not locked up and it's not the starter battery or alternator

3,165

give the starter direct power from a 12.6v battery and let me know what it does.

90

12.6 volt??

3,165

the battery must be above 12.6 volts,

90

The security light is on the dash and it says error where the mileage should be! Nothing happened different when I hooked a battery to the starter

3,165

if nothing happened when the starter got direct power, it must be the starter, check ground wire and power supply

3,165

also check the ignition wire on the starter

90

The starter is brand new but someone told me it may need to be reprogrammed that is out of my league but any thoughts before I pay a ton of money

3,165

never hear of starter that needs programming, i you gave it external power it MUST turn the vehicles engine. if not there is something wrong with the wires and even the brushes of the starter

3,165

Check the starter there must be a thick red wire on it and the check for a little wire(ignition wire), the small one gets off with no reason

90

The computer not starter needs programming

3,165

promise you, if the starter doesn't swing with external power its NOT THE COMP BOX

90

Okay so I will check that today when I stop by the shop

90

The yellow security light is flashing and it is saying error where the mileage should be

90

The shop I took it to is saying it is the egnition switch.....thoughts?

Does the main ground from the battery post to hook up to the starter

I have a 2004 poinatac azteck, does the ground from the battery post to hook up to the stratter