Every morning I need a jumpstart, What is wrong with this car?

Asked by Feb 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Aztek STD

I have a 2004 Pontiac Aztek and every morning my battery is dead, I need a jumpstart. I've replaced the battery with a Sears DieHard battery, I've had my alternator & starter checked, they are ok, I've even went as far as disalarming my alarm. When I let this car sit a couple of hours I'm in need of a jump start. Sometimes I can hear a popping sound under the hood when the car is getting a jumpstart. What is wrong with this car?

25

This sounds really bad. If you replaced your battery, then your battery obviously is not the problem, sufficient electrolytes and charge carrier potential. Even if you had a LoJack or other tracking or anti-theft device draining power, it would take several weeks of non-use for it to drain your battery. You need to take your car into the dealership and have them inspect your entire electrical system. Something is seriously draining your battery power.

2,905

battery could be bad, even new batteries can be bad or you have a short to ground draing your battery,

Do you have a remote start on this vehicle? For me, after I had a professional add a remote start to my Aztec, I would experience the same issue. After taking it to the dealer to figure out what was going on, ( they couldn't figure it out) I just had the remote start removed. Solved the dying battery problem for me.

475

Sounds like one of two things. Could be a bad alternator not charging the battery. But the way u say when it sits it dies. Most likely an electrical drain somewhere in the car. Remote start is very likely.

sounds like a dead short some where, draining the battery if your starter and alternator are good, may want to check with a Electrical shop