where is the IAT sensor and should I install a chip to jumper out this sensor

Asked by Nov 06, 2007 at 02:48 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Solstice Roadster

I purchased a DTPC chip for my car it says to install it where the IAT sensor plugs into and I am wondering should I and where is it, and which two sensor wires should it hook up to.

42,565

Your chip is telling you to jumper out the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, ostensibly in order to send a pre-programmed air temperature to the ECM and force a fixed fuel-air mixture for "more power." I would suggest NOT doing this, as this will adversely affect your fuel economy, possibly your emissions test results, and quite frankly, may not even provide THAT much of a power gain. The IAT sensor is usually located in the bottom of the air box, to measure the temperature of the air after it passes through the air filter but before it enters the throttle body.

20

I just purchased a "chip" for my '06 and haven't found much info online about the IAT sensor and was wondering if you found out which wires to attach the chip to? If so, has it improved HP & gas mileage?

465

it should be somewere between the air filter and the TB should be a two wire plug I duno how this chip works but I wouldn't touch it it works with your MAF or Baro sensor to tell the comp how much fuel to throw in does this module plug in between the pcm and harness if so it probably is telling the computer different info so it will put more fuel in if it says to do it go ahead i'm sure its been tested and tuned to do that or and BTW this will affect your warranty if you care

80

hi there..I would like to know where i can locate the IAT sensor on my MAZDA 626 96 V6 Engine to preform the Intake MOD?I have a stock air filter with stock exhaust. I now have the Timing Advance kit which is a resistor that i should connect into an IAT and disconnect it from the actual sensor IT Is a 2 pin resistor and there is 4 holes to put it into i was wondering where am I supposed to insert this resistor I know one goes to the ground and the other one goes to where ?

citti, you got ripped off. Even if you "fool" the iat, you still have a maf sensor sending readings to the ecu.

1,785

lol...