my 1990 Oldsmobile silhouette won't start.

Asked by Nov 14, 2014 at 08:29 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

I replaced fuel filter and fuel pump.  It has a spark - but it is not bright white it is more of a yellow, short spark.  Will not start when I prime the carburetor.  Is there a relay or something  It was running fine then next morning would not start

19,610

Ok first your van doesn't have a carburetor. It's fuel injected. If you're priming it by pumping the gas pedal you're flooding it with gas. It could be a coil pack, fuel pressure regulator bad plugs and wires the list goes on and on.

66,575

Check fuse,s,main/ecm,/and the check fuel relay,

66,575

Agree Ta,if it has spark,i think you may have fuel problem,

60

Have you checked to see if you have spark on all your coil packs?If so are they all the same color spark? Find a spot in the induction hose, and spray a couple shots of starting fluid inside, put the connector back into induction hose. See if it starts. If it does, you have a fuel problem. If it does not, then look else where's in the engine. Could be a crank sensor just starting to go bad.

35

Could be that you just have an OLD piece of crap car.