My 2000 Olsdmobile Silhouette won't start?

5

Asked by Dec 02, 2014 at 04:39 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette

I was driving down the road then all a sudden all the lights on the dashboard flashed and it stalled out and isn't starting again. It sounds like she wants to start but won't for some reason...any answers?

60

Could many things. Check for fuel. Find an opening in the induction hose. Spray starting fluid inside, see if engine starts. If it does, you have a fuel problem. When you turn the key to the on position, do you hear the fuel pump prime? Should hear pump, and relay click. If you don't, then check fuse for fuel pump. I can go more into detail how to troubleshoot and repair the fuel system. If you have fuel, next check is to go purchase a spark plug, and remove a spark plug wire, and see if you have spark. No spark, ignition problem. Check to make sure timing belt, and timing chain are not broken. Take the filler cap off of where you pour the oil in the valve cover, look down at the valves, while someone else cranks the engine. Do the valves move up and down? I need you to do the following checks for me, before I proceed any further.

10

Did you figure out what wS wrong I'm having same problem

10

I have a 2001 oldsmobile soulhiette Van, i have to slam the drivers door then the van will start. I was told to replace the starter relay did that still have to slam door, still won't start. I was also told it might be in the ignition what's your thoughts. Thank You Wayne