2000 Oldsmobile silhouette won't start

30

Asked by Jan 25, 2016 at 10:22 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GL Passenger Van Extended

I bought a 2000 Oldsmobile silhouette from a trusted person. Drove it home
about an hour or so, ran great, no problems, started it next day, died first time
but started next time. Two days later, tried to start it but it just clicked and tried
to fire, called friend for a boost! Boosted 20 minutes, but still wouldn't start.
Inside lights worked, clock worked too. Kept trying to boost, with their car
reeved up, the van misfired, but would not start,

65,955

Have the battery load tested. It might be very dead. Especially if you're in a cold climate. Also check the battery cable connections. They might be loose or corroded. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
30

Just bought a battery today, haven't put it in yet, it is very cold right now, would a battery cause it to back fire from all the cranking?

65,955

Not likely. Is it backfiring from the throttle body or the exhaust? -Jim

30

From the tail pipe!

30

Update* put a new battery in it and it started right up! Thanks for the help!

10

My 2000 Oldsmobile silhouette just shut off driving down the street all the lights still cum on and stuff but it isn't turning over at all its not making a clicking sound at all someone told me it might be my starter I bought one and it still want start can someone plz tell me what's going on and what to do