Oldsmobile silhouette 2000

Asked by Feb 20, 2016 at 03:58 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr Premiere Passenger Van Extended

I just bought this van a month ago, it drove perfectly for that month but recently
my van has been shifting hard, sometimes it shifts so smoothly, other times,
during the same trip, it will shift hard! I had it tested at advance because check
engine light came on, shows po327 po730 po741 p1811. Wht des this mean.
And the van sit for 6 months without being drove before I bought it, can a dirty
transmission screen cause  these problems? !  Thank you

237,565

P0327 is the knock sensor detecting a problem, if the van was sitting for 6 months the fuel is probably bad, make sure you get some fresh stuff in there. 700 codes are transmission related. P1811 is the pressure control switch for the trans. Have a mechanic or trans shop look at the van, might be as simple as replacing the switch to a full rebuild/replacement. That is probably why it was sitting for 6 months.

Best Answer

With mine it was a sensor in the torque converter