Brake lights wont turn off SOLUTON!

175

Asked by Aug 08, 2011 at 01:39 PM about the 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

Hey guys, had this problem with my 91 TT that kept me from driving it for a couple days and really got on my nerves. And I couldn't find anywhere that had a decent description to fix it. To fix this problem, you need a pair of needle nose pliers, 2 pennies, some super glue, a philips and flat head screw driver, and a flash-light. First take the under part of the dash off above your feet. Then take the air vent going to the door out. Make sure the seat is all the way back. You can't lay in the seat, you have to lay in the floor sticking out of the car. Lay on your back, then unscrew the screw holding in the next air vent. Pull it away and you should see 2 buttons that the brake pedal arm "should" be pushing back. They are on the side closer to where you sit, not by the fire wall. Hold one penny with the pliers and put a good amount of super glue on it, then push the brake with your head to see what you're doing and stick the penny in front of the button on the brake pedal arm that is on your right side when you're upside down. Then put another penny on top of that one. Done! Don't press the pedal in yet so the glue can dry good. Hope this helps a couple people.

405

or you could just buy a new brake switch...

175

Yeah you could do that too lol. Doesn't cost anything to fix it this way and I'm sure not putting in a new brake switch or paying someone to do it.

405

ah, but it does cost something, 2 cents