Dash, Driving, Fog, & Headlights (DIM) won't turn on. HELP?

175

Asked by Mar 05, 2011 at 06:51 PM about the 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

My Dash, Driving, Fog, & Headlights (DIM) won't turn on.  This happened when I had my driving
lights on while the car was off.  I had them turned on because I was replacing a bulb in the ash
tray and the LED bulb only turns on turned a certain way so I needed the Dash lights on.  Nothing
is shorted out because I checked all of the fuses.  ALL OF THEM.  They looked good.  When I
turn the switch to the Headlights, my brights come on even with the DIM switch on.  I have tried
everything I know of.  I read on a forum that it could be a bad ground but I doubt that because the
Brights come on.  At first I thought it was a safety feature because I had the car off and the
driving lights on but they have yet to come back on.  If I do not get any answers from this forum
then I will go to a shop and try to get them to look at it.

175

Was 3 blown fuses in the 3rd fuse box by the Battery.