Smell of gas

25

Asked by Jan 04, 2008 at 11:55 AM about the 1992 Nissan Pathfinder 4 Dr SE 4WD SUV

I started smelling a strong gas odor inside my car and noticed it seemed to be coming from the engin compartment so I replaced the vapor Canister and fuel filter but I havn't noticed any leaks, any suggestions?

415

i would pull a sparkplug and inspect it then also check the gap

43,965

It's quite possible you've got worn o-rings on the fuel injectors, which would allow some fuel to escape and cause an odor, but perhaps not a visible leak.

150

check the fuel lines that go across the engine when they get hot they expand a little and give you a fuel smell,I nwould suggest replacing them

115

check the fuel line clamps on the soft parts, they get loose overtime and leak even if it doesnt look like it.