97 Expedition 5.4 - fuse 5 issue

20

Asked by Jul 06, 2010 at 09:58 AM about the 1997 Ford Expedition 4 Dr Eddie Bauer 4WD SUV

My A/C, back-up lights and cruise not working.  All run off fuse 5 in fuse box on driver's side panel.  

Thh fuse is good and it is getting power from the ignition switch.  I giggled wires coming from back of fuse panel and all started working for a few hours.

Must be a loose connection.  What does the back of a fuse panel look like?  Are all the lines hard wired or do they plug in?

The wire coming from the fuse is a Light blue and pink.   Should I jump around the panel and re-connect where it comes out of the wire bundle near the firewall?   I can see the light blue wire there.

tks

john

you can pull out the fuse box,but if you played around with the wires and know for sure it is the one you mentioned it may have a broken wire.I would try a jumper wire from the firewall and see what happends,DO NOT cut the wire off,just tie into it.

20

Thanks. I agree but I am not sure where the wire from fuse 5 branches off to the many components it powers. Does it branch right at the back of the fuse box or between the fuse box and the firewall? All te wires are wrapped in black tape. That is my key question. Looks like only a few bolts hold the panel. Does it drop down or or pull through? John

it just drops down.

20

OK Tks Do you know the back looks like? Does the harness have a connector that slips on to the panel or, does each wire connect individually to the panel? john

they connect indivuitaly,i still say use a jumper wire from the firewall out,since you already know what wire it is.

Algien puede ayudarme mi ford expedition ya le cambie la bomba de gasolina el sensor de posisiones pero ay un fusible que en cuanto abro el suich me lo funde

Q fusible Es