I have a 2001 Montero XLS, and am having a weird problem with the left side front and rear lights (headlights work fine). When I turn on the lights, none of the left side lights illuminate, while the front and rear right side tail and marker lights correctly illuminate. When I turn on the left turn signal, all of the front and rear left side lights flash (tail, marker, and turn). I should add that the brake lights work correctly on both sides. Also, when the flashers or left turn signal are turned on, after about ten seconds, the left turn signal fuse and emergency flashers fuse blow. Once blown, I have no turn signals, left or right. I would appreciate any help.

Asked by Sep 22, 2007 at 01:12 PM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD

I have a 2001 Montero XLS, and am having a weird problem with the left side front and rear lights (headlights work fine).  When I turn on the lights, none of the left side lights illuminate, while the front and rear right side tail and marker lights correctly illuminate.  When I turn on the left turn signal, all of the front and rear left side lights flash (tail, marker, and turn).  

I should add that the brake lights work correctly on both sides.  Also, when the flashers or left turn signal are turned on, after about ten seconds, the left turn signal fuse and emergency flashers fuse blow.  Once blown, I have no turn signals, left or right.  

I would appreciate any help.

1,185

obviosly, you have a short. nobody is going to be able to tell you where(what to fix) not without seeing and testing the suv . if you are a d.y.i-er start by checking the pig-tail for your hitch (if equipt) if every thing is good then test your headlight switch, from there youll have ta chase the wire harness. good luck!

5,035

ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE! You have a bad short somewhere. Try to follow your wiring from each component if you can and inspect it.