YI have a 1991 Mitsubishi Montero v6 manual transmission, a few weeks ago I hit a small pot hole and the truck died, the engine would turn over but it would not start, I could not hear the fuel pump r

Asked by May 08, 2015 at 10:45 AM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4WD

YI have a 1991 Mitsubishi Montero v6 manual transmission, a few weeks ago I hit a small
pot hole and the truck died, the engine would turn over but it would not start, I could not
hear the fuel pump running, it was low on fuel so I added more fuel to it, still would not
start I unplugged the fuel pump and tested for voltage, but there wasn't any voltage
coming through. Finally after a day of tinkering it started I don't know what I did or if the
computer reset or what, but it has ran perfect for three weeks. Then yesterday I was
drivin it down a dirt road and there was a small tree root that crossed the road and it
jarred the truck similar to the previous pot hole the truck died once again and again it will
not start, I have checked all connections in the wiring, took the battery cable off for the
computer to reset but no luck it still won't start I also checked the ignition fireing and there
is no spark and no fuel pump running. Does this truck have a saftey inertia switch
somewhere or can you tell me what else to try?

The fuel pump voltage is supplied via a relay connected to the ECM, Which is located on the passenger side floor board / kick panel area.

Hey thank You, do you know it the Fuel pump relay has anything to do with the ignition fire?

The fuel pump relay has nothing to do with spark, only supplies power to the fuel pump.

If you hit a bump and lost fuel and spark, it sounds like you have a short or bad ground to your PCM. Here is a link that will help you test for possible causes. No expensive tools are needed.................................... http://easyautodiagnostics.com/mitsubishi/3.0L/ignition-system-tests-1