bad idle

Asked by May 04, 2017 at 09:27 AM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse gs 2.4L when I first start the car it idles around 2000 rpms and when it worms up it idles fine. around 800 rpms  I can drive it for a bit as it runs more the idle keeps going lower. then it will just die . I go to start it again it will not stay running. I can let it be for a minute and it will start up again . or if I go undo my battery for I sec it will start back up too any help would be great.... I already changed the idle position sensor and the throttle position sensor...

5

I don't know to much about cars but I have done a lot of work on my Mitsubishi! My car had similar problem. My car was shaking bad, stallin, and rips were reading very high/low. My car was also having trouble starting up. It ended up being my cylinder cool causing the stalling/shaking/ and abnormal Rpm readings. And the reason my car was having trouble starting at random times was due to an old starter, and an old cracked crankshaft position sensor. Maybe it's one of these parts you are having trouble with?!? •Try checking for any codes! Helps a lot(:

5

Sorry meant to say *cylinder coil*

5

Just remembered I alsochanged my catalytic converter (front manifold) Which also fixed a lot of problems I was having with running clean and properly. But this is probably not a part you sound like you are having trouble with. Just thought I should add that in . Might help . Good luck .

thanks for the answer I have had it at the shop for a week now they think its the throttle body " maybe "tried ever thing else