Gas

Asked by Feb 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I am considering buying this veh and someone asked me about the gas and did it have to be premium or not.  Well, since it's a 4 cylinder and not the V6 GT or GTS, I wouldn't think I had to, do I?

125

Your car will run fine on regular but you will notice a small improvement if you use 93. Not much but it will be there. If its worth it or not is up to you. Personally if I had the money, I would put in 93.

255

better gas burns cleaner, less deposits......and water, i would run the good stuff, better overall especially the long run

1,365

LOOK EVERY ENGINE ITS DIFFERENT AND ARE BUILD TO WORK WITH DIFERENT PARAMETERS AND TEMPERATURE IF THE ENGINE ITS BUILD FOR 87 GAS THATS WHAT SHOULD USE CAUSE IF U USE A HIGHER ONE THE TEMPERATURE MIGHT RAISE AND NOT WORK THAT WELL SO I WOULD RECOMEND LOOKING AT THE OWNERS MANUAL

15

The GS doesn't suggest using anything higher than 87. GTs, because of their higher HP will almost always require you to use gas that's higher than 87. It's a more clean burning fuel, and also more expensive. The GTs can take 87 but you won't feel as much power as you would with higher octane.

95

i own a 96 base model and i use standard and i used mid-grade once and got a minimal performance boost and HORRIBLE gas mileage but like everyone else said every engin is differant so all i can tell u is experiment

85

The 4cyls use regular unleaded gasoline. Using the higher octane gas for a 4-cylinder wouldn't be worth it. The 6-cylinders on the other hand REQUIRE premium octane because of detonation and timings. Yes, you could use lower grade fuel, but it's not recommended and you'll cause more troubles in the long run. If you have any more questions on the third generation eclipse, please visit www.club3g.com

I have a 2008 Cadillac STS v6 is it better to run 93 or regular gas.