I just purchase my 2003 Minnie cooper, is it a common problem my left headlight stopped working?

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM about the 2003 MINI Cooper Base

No. just replace it...wear rubber gloves...do not touch the bulb...good luck...I own a 2006 with the troubled CVT~

$4.43 each >>>http://www.carparts.com/details/Mini/Cooper/Replacement/Headlight_ Bulb/2003/REPM100401.html

4,245

Make sure you don't have xenon lights those bulbs and get a little pricy and the control module for it might be the issue see that a lot in the R50's

James has never driven one.

You should be getting a reliable 3000 hours from those bulbs~

104,305

Judge never really looked at the mini till now. Seems to be a sporty little car and a turbo model too. Might just have to go take one for a ride. http://www.edmunds.com/mini/cooper/

you know dandyoun, the thrill of driving a go-cart at the cart track as a kid?...well the whole darned world is a kart track now, turns more clever than a person not strapped in will not be able to stand...have gotten used to the CVT transmission and with the fluid change am comfortable droppin' down (though just changes the position of the follower) oil which goes plastic under compression have been using this technology in the conveyor business since the eighties...think though hard to get used to, give it the thumbs up tho slo on the takeoff...big deal~NOT a cooper S, if I wanted to take off like a rocket would have bought one of those....green, leather, automatic. lo- miles...would have paid anything for that combo~

my wife making a fashion statement out of me...no prob, I can live with that~

104,305

Going to make it a point to test drive one. I could use a good kart track about now.

Shimpo drives 1988 is the first I've heard/specified this technology~

Dandyoun driving this one is SO CLEVER that I will never be able to drive another car....sure, used to get it in third with the Jet-a-Way tranny with my pontiac 389...squeal a stripe at 35MPH~good times...roller bearings...cartridge type filter....Krunched in 1987...sylin'....the MINI design hasn't changed much in fifteen years....kinda says something, don't it...only comparison would be the VW beetle who's basic design (shitty) kept pollutin' off the charts until they stopped makin' 'em~ Loved my 66 chevy Truck bought a defective 400 with a bad crank took it all the way from Oakland to Milwaukee with that one~

104,305

They must be doing something right

drive one, dammit...end of arguement...from the cavernous interior (a six foot two tall person fits comfortably) adjustments are pony up, pony down, angle of the seat, forward and back change the angle of the back adjust forward and back....the seatbelt is kind of a mandatory nipple chafer perhaps to give your nip a little zing was their little ha-ha~

the motorized glass is goofy, there ain't nothing to pull on and temptation to pull the glass...at first..have to pull low and basically "DUMP yourself into the driver's space...leather seats are soft and trustworthy, the GPS display always comes on and when you turn off the car comes back on~ sacrificing the TEMP gauge, the AMPS guage and Volts guages in exchange for this little slice of outerspace gps location~

oh yes the OIL guage---really there isn't a lot of space for all these and their pivot in pivot out coffee mug holder is a bit ...myeah....like not worth the money to solve the puzzle of the "mystery nubs" my very first experience with the gurus....all have been recorded...man those guys are on the job with keeping track of all these posts...their system must be like a big brain~

it was Robert (still up there) who was the wizard that day...I was hooked~ http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c5734_ds530831

4,245

Thanks judge roy!