1994 mecury tracer won't start

35

Asked by Jan 05, 2016 at 01:19 PM about the 1994 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr LTS Sedan

there's been no signs of anything going out. all the sudden stopped a couple
of stores & the last stop turned the key to leave & nothing, Man tried jumping
it, still nothing, charged battery to make sure. still nothing. Lights & ding comes
on but will not do anything when u turn key

330

If the starter motor won't crank, have to check starter motor wiring circuits for voltage and ground. Usually two voltage circuits, one comes from the battery, hot all the time. The other circuit goes hot with key in the crank position and is wired through the neutral or clutch switch depending on the tranny. I haven't looked at your wiring, not sure if you have anti/theft system? The starter grounds through the engine block. Any testing at the starter make sure tranny is in park or neutral and the parking brake is set. Usually as long as the starter isn't faulty and the engine isn't seized, I can always get it to crank, but, that doesn't mean it will start. Note the diagram and check that fuse.

18,550

First try removing battery terminals and clean then try getting another jump. If vehicle does not take a jump right away leave cables on for about 30 seconds to a minute rev vehicle up slightly that is jumping your vehicle then try to start.

35

ITS A 1999 NOT 94 & BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. LIGHTS INSIDE COME ON BUT U TURN KEY & NOTHING

330

This is for 99.

330

second part.

18,550

Try having someone tap on starter with a hammer while trying to start vehicle at the same time if vehicle starts replace starter.