Engine turns over but won't catch

30

Asked by May 25, 2014 at 07:01 PM about the 1998 Mercury Tracer

Mercury tracer

9,465

if you mean want crank,first check fuel pump,turn key to on position without turning starter,,listen for a slight humming sound when you turn igntion to on.if you do not here it,its bad,replace it.

30

Please help...this holiday weekend my friend replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, crankshaft sensor. Checked throttle positioning system&Ignition coil(bought&installed new ones, then put old ones back...we're certain that fuel is traveling through fuel line. &we checked "kill switch" (inertia switch; it's"good. ")battery has full charge, fuses seem to be fine(not blown. ) Car still not running...

30

He has yet to try/check camshaft positioning sensor, ignition switch, air by-pass valve. He tried hooking it to a few code readers to no avail....recently he switched to thicker oil(10W30 because of summer. ...)

Listen ib Check the fuel lines Etc there has to be the Coil Or Connection elect. Or Something else Reply..

its a cracked seal on the solenoid pack