How to program ECM module for 1998 mercury tracer LS. Changed now it won't turn over(start)

Asked by Jun 05, 2016 at 01:07 AM about the 1998 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr LS Sedan

A/C clutch wasn't starting so I changed the oringinal ECM, now the car will not
start?

228,075

Your not going about it the proper way. If the A/C clutch wasn't working, it could have been the compressor was fautly or your we're low on A/C refrigerant. So now you replace the ECM with a new one and it won't start. The problem is you have to use a similar one with matching model numbers and have it programed to the ignition. You need special equipment to do so. Time to have the car towed to your local mechanic for a proper repair.

21,325

put the old parts back in-