What do you call the clear center plastic panel in between the two headlights on a 1994 Mercury Topaz?

Asked by Jul 11, 2013 at 09:01 PM about the 1994 Mercury Topaz 4 Dr GS Sedan

Need to replace clear center plastic part between the two headlights. It's a 1994
Mercury Topaz. Nobody seems to know. I believe the same styling was used on
Ford's Taurus/Sable line-up. Thanks

Insulator Shield? are these made of high temperature plastic...or kinda fluffy and flexible?

okay, I understand now, it is a part of the front grillwork see if you can describe it better and do an ebay search for one~

Thanks for trying, already tried ebay, amazon, and Ford motor company. They know what I'm talking about, but have no clue as to what you call it. It's clear, hard plastic, sits between the head lights. It follows the front body lines off the head lights making it appear that it's one wide center light, yet does not illuminate. Strange.

bezel

I tried...you would be advised to go to a U-pull or pick and pull and just get one from there yourself...bring a screwdriver, vicegrips and needlenose pliers with a cutter in the end portion~

Hey judge_roy thank you for all your time and help. I will take your advice. I guess since its going on 20 years old and the fact they never sold that many, there's not alot of information out there. Plus they weren't that popular. For many reasons. Thanks again!

good luck!...you can do this.~

the center piece that you are thinking of is called a light bar, its practically useless as it holds no lights and through age it fogs up and just looks gross, ford put it there hoping that the headlights would reflect and light it up, but Ive never seen mine light up.