My check engine light is on and my 1998 Mercury Moutaineer keeps just shutting off on me, Whats wrong?
Took my truck to Autozone to see what was wrong by using the code reader.. It read P0152 MERCURY - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1..
Oh also I use regular 87 gas and somebody put 93 premium and my truck, would that have anything to do with it??
I have never heard of an engine shutting off due to a high voltage O2 sensor error code unless it is shorted to power from the O2 heater, either way you need to replace the O2 sensor. 93 octane won't cause your problem. You maybe dealing with m ore than 1 problem here, but replace the sensor first then clear the codes and then do a roadtest to verify problem is corrected.
2006 Mercury mountaineer dash lights flicker then beeps Then engine shuts off All codes checked by ford dealer and still doing this
Looking for a Used Mountaineer in your area?
CarGurus has 1,073 nationwide Mountaineer listings starting at $1,800.
Search Mercury Mountaineer Questions
Mercury Mountaineer Experts