what fuse # is the fuel pump relay on 2002 mercury sable

Asked by Dec 12, 2015 at 03:22 PM about the 2002 Mercury Sable LS

I'm trying to replace the fuel filter on a 2002 mercury sable.  what number is the fuel pump relay ion the box under the hood?

Why do you need to know where to fuse for the fuel pump relay is. Do not need to remove to replace fuel filter. Just have to be careful when disconnecting the line remove slowly line is under pressure would put a catch pan under filter before removing.

Best Answer

Thanks. So I put the new filter in but the clips that came with the filter don't fit the hose connection. Any idea what size retaining clip will actually fit?

If the old clips are not broken reuse them if they are broken take one of the old ones with you to the parts store and get the same size.

The old ones snapped as soon as I tried getting them off. It looks like the old ones are 3/8". I tried the ones that came with the filter and I also tried a 5/16" clip but neither one would fit in the slots for the legs of the clip. Is there a trick to putting the new clips on?

With out actually being there to show you how it goes the clips should slide into the hole in the end of the line and the filter automatically locks the filter on to line when installed. I know you said the old ones broke when you took them off but you should be able to take it with you to the parts store and they should be able to tell you want size it is. Here is something that may help Google this question how to replace fuel filter on the year ,make and model of your vehicle maybe a video on utude showing you how to install the clips

Well it took 4 trips to Autozone and 1 trip to O'Reillys Auto Parts to get the right clips but the fuel filter is finally changed. I went to Autozone in the first place to save some $$$ but what I spent in time and gas going back and forth, I should have just gone to O'Reillys in the 1st place. Lesson learned for my next set of parts - the front brake pads and rotors. BTW - if anyone is interested, the correct part # is 800-023 for the fuel filter clips for a 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium 3.0L 24V DOHC. After putting in the new clips and starting the car to make sure it wasn't leaking, ran the car around the block. No hesitations whatsoever. Also saved myself about $150 in labor charges as well.