dashlight 2003 mercury sable

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 11:51 AM about the 2003 Mercury Sable GS

Just bought a used 2003 mercury sable. All
the lights work even the warning lights,
except for where the speedometer, gas
gauge, and odometer are.

I read to check the dimmer switch and have,
it has no effect on the dash. All the little
warning lights (air bag, seat belt, etc.) work
properly.

Are there specific fuses or anything that I
can check for this? Is this normal for this
vehicle?

Also, went to check the fluids and after
finishing I went to close the good and it
initially latches but not completely? Any
helpful answers would be great, thank you
so much.

79,695

Check your fuses. If the dash lights don't work then your tail lights probably also don't work. The fuse location should be shown in your owners manual. If the hood does not latch properly, you may have to slam it but if so it probably needs adjustment.

Tail lights somehow are working fine as well. Going to check the fuses though. The car didn't have the owners manual in it when I bought it so I've had to do a lot of online searches for everything. All of this is purely cosmetic so I can't complain, it could always be worse. But still just wanting to get it taken care of, thank you for your response, very much appreciated.

I have an 02 Taurus that has 255k+. I have had it since 11/05 & 41k+. The console lights started going out probably a three years ago. They started going out on the sides, then would come back on, then went out completely. I bought a little two light thing(can't think of any other word to call it.) from Advance Auto(later bought a new one from Walmart), This gadget has the lights on wires and plugs into the lighter. It also has a pushbutton on/off switch. I have the lights lying up on the console and can see what speed I am going etc. The lights are blue and could also be stuck in place with the attached adhesive pads. I was told that that "module" had gone bad and to replace it, the whole dash would have to be pulled out(probably cost about a grand). These little lights were about 7 or 8 dollars.

Thank you, I will definitely check that out, it doesn't have to be perfect, just prefer seeing my speed while driving We just had the rear struts replaced yesterday which was close to a grand, have to replace the front left inner tie rod and strut next, then hopefully just regular maintenance after that. Definitely don't want to throw another grand into just fixing the dashlights when I can get your two light thing suggestion for a few bucks lol