how do i change a timing belt on this model

25

Asked by Jan 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM about the 1992 Mazda MPV 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

what are the basics off changing the belt and how do i time it after if needed and what all needs to come off

40,265

You are going to want to purchase a Haynes manual or similar book which will show you how to do this. Basically, this is a very complex job which requires precise reassembly to avoid major engine damage. You will not need to time the engine afterwards but you will need to make sure the cam and crankshaft pulleys remain in the same alignment as they were before you started. It is far too complex to even give you an overview here, so again, I highly recommend purchasing a manual before you decide if you want to attempt this repair.