1999 Mazda Millenia S Fuse

50

Asked by Mar 13, 2013 at 07:49 AM about the 1999 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

I have a 1999 Mazda Millenia S. It has a major TCS problem, it randomly comes on while driving and I have to kill the engine and restart to get it off. I want to pull the fuse, but the manual doesn't show which one is connected to it. Any ideas?

You do not want to pull the fuse. The TCS is tied in with you ABS, or Anti Lock Brakes. Disabling them is a very bad idea. I suggest get you OBD fault codes read.

50

I had the Mazda dealership run the codes and they said it has nothing to do with the TCS at all.

Ok, well then I don't quite get it. You know, as you state, that you have a major problem with the TCS,,but the dealer service dep't says you do not? Or did you by mistake mean nothing to do with ABS?

1999 Mazda Millenia 6 cyl Fuse Box Diagram

This is the only image I could find of the box

50

I showed the dealership the problem and they acknowledged it is a TCS malfunction, but the codes are reporting a transmission problem and want to charge me $3,500 for a new transmission, however all three mechanics I've taken it to say they checked the transmission and nothing is wrong with it and I agree it runs perfect, plus everything online states the problem is a sensor or vacuum hose leak. The TCS auto turns on between 1/2 mile to 3 miles and I have to turn off the engine and back on to disengage it. But it always comes back, the TCS OFF button doesn't do anything.

Yeah the dealer will do that. They don't know how to fix anything, only replace. It reminds me of that Aamco commercial where they say " half the cars brought in do not need a new transmission" Why don't they say.."Half the people that drive in here we stick it to them for a new transmission" But, Brion, as for your situation, it probably is a simple thing, the difficulty is identifying it. The dealer will gladly "solve" it, by screwing you.

50

This is true, I wish I could find a truthfully mechanic who can help. The last time I got a simple oil change, my bill was over $700 because they said it needed lots of things. Needless to say I didn't do it.

is your check engine light on also and when you scan the car with a scan tool are you getting a code P 15 25 P 1526

if so then I have the answer for you to solve your problem because my Mazda did the same thing and I know it does how to fix it

50

Hi Bikemike, The check engine doesn't always come on. Not sure if it does or not I'll pay more attention today when it happens on the way to work. The codes are P1525 and P1540. Thanks

P1525 - Lysholm air bypass valve (ABV) vacuum solenoid circuit malfunction P1540 - Lysholm air bypass valve (ABV) control system malfunction

Just following the thread. Best of luck guys.

50

So question is, how easy is it to fix and what do you think a normal mechanic would charge to fix this? Thanks

to answer your question on how easy it is to fix it kinda is a pain in the ass because you I need to gain access to 4 solenoids located next to your EGR you need to change the second solenoid and the 4th one .... you might want to get some extra vacuum lines because more than likely the ones located currently on the car connected to those 2 solenoids are more than likely very brittle and will break

10

I have a Millenia S 99' and i have the same problem as Brion.

20

ok my tcs light and tcs off light is on at the same time what does that mean but no check engine light is on what should i do? please answer

20

plus my abs light is on will any of this make my car stop