'99 mazda 626 v-6 lx

Asked by Feb 03, 2015 at 11:57 PM about the 1999 Mazda 626 LX V6

140k had local shop change timing belt &
water pump. Now she wants to idle down to
almost a stall at stops. Suggestions?

115,855

Take it back they might have missed something when they put it back together. Is the power the same when you drive it, or is it a little sluggish?

Power seems the same, when I did it at 70k I remember the tensioner pin- thinking it was a one & done deal, can't remember if it can be reused

they swear they didn't replace the serp belt, but shouldn't one that has 70k on it have the numbers worn off? I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of it all beforehand

115,855

If they had the right lock pin and a press it can be reused if you serviced it properly, and it sounds like you have, just trying to rule out things like maybe a cam of a tooth. Do you know if they disconnected the battery? If so that might be your problem,, the ECM hasn't relearned the vehicle yet, it can take up to 30 minutes of drive time for the system to fully learn a vehicle after a power loss. If it doesn't straighten out by them take it back and show them the problem. HTH

just to make sure I did disco the battery for a bit & gave it an easy test drive 30miles for 40 min to "break it back in" slowly. I think they put the wrong size serpentine belt on her. Im not sure they knew about the tensioner pin being reset properly... I do thank you for all your help!

115,855

On your serpentine belt, the only way the numbers wear off is if you have an idler that runs on the back side of the belt.