what type of transmission fluid does the MAZDA 626 LX takes and how many quarts?

5

Asked by Nov 17, 2007 at 11:25 PM about the 2000 Mazda 626 LX

I am having a hard time finding out what type of transmission fluid my MAZDA 626 LX uses, and how many quarts.    I recently changed it but the O/B light is blinking. I think my transmission is getting hot because I used the wrong type of fluid.  i think i put one that was fully syntethic..  would that be the problem?

44,975

The Mazda 626 SHOULD use Dexron-III Mercon or its superceding Dexron-IV Mercon. However, I don't know that for certain -- most manufacturers except for Chrysler have gone to the Dexron fluid. Did you properly fill the fluid? Many times after a few miles you will need to top off after a transmission fluid change, because some of the fluid gets pulled into the torque convertor and valve body as the vehicle is run.

agreed.

110

If you question yourself and don't know for sure what kind of fluid your car takes, then call Advance Auto Parts. They can look up the information for you.

15

littlehorn is correct you would want to use Dexxron-III mercon or if you want to go a bit cheaper you can use type F fluid. You can look on the transmission fluid and there you will see the names of cars that will best work for you car. If this does not help you can allways call up Auto Zone, O'rellys, Pepboys ect.

20

i could be wrong but im pretty sure the lad asked for the type of fluid to use. Guessing and telling him to go ask the parts store is something he already knew. why are we sounding more and more like a bunch of girls talking? eg me right now? too much talking and not enough answers hehh? ps i dont know either and thats why i opened this page. cya

20

this is funny as ell . how i got back to this page, for a second time three days later. but i cant help myself: answer #1 says i dont know for certain. so what does answer #2 say about it? he agrees with number one!! really? jokers

50

DEX 3/ Mercon BITCHES

10

Ford recommends Mercon v

10

I use cooking oil and works awsome! But make sure its olive oil...:(

40

What can make a Mazda 626 shoot out transmissio fluid

40

2000 Mazda 626

60

Does anyone know how much transmission fluid a Mazda 626 LX 2.0 L is supposed to take?