I need to change 2004 Lincoln Aviator alternator. all bolts are loosened, however I am unable to remove it. Does anyone know how to get this beast out so it can get changed out.

50

Asked by Jan 04, 2015 at 11:36 AM about the 2004 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD

bolts are removed,

50

since no one knew how on this site....here is how to take the damn thing out. ... since the aviator has a pipe for coolant you have to take the alternator out from below....you remove the clutch fan and woo-lah!!! it took us 10 hours.... then of course it was a bad one and had to. take it out again.... once we knew how..... the old one out ...to the store and back in....60 minutes

60

Dont know how to take out the alternator out of my Lincoln aviator

70

I have 2005 Lincoln Aviator, my alternator died and I struggled for two days to remove fan clutch to get the alternator out. I even went out and bought the fan clutch removal tool set, and still couldn't budge it. finally got tipped that the said coolant pipe in photo above was removable I removed the two bolts at the sides that also holds the alternator bracket, blast it with carb cleaner and gave it some good shakes back and forth.. then use a pry tool to lift it till that sucker just popped right out, it has O- rings on it so just seat it back and bolt it up when done.. oh and don't forget to bleed the air out your cooling system after. hope this help somebody!

50

remove the belt then remove the coolant pipe bolts above. you have to wiggle it and may pry a little on the mounting bolt flanges to get it started but it comes up and out and has o-ring that help seal the water tight connection, take off the 4 bolts to alt. 2 on top but you only need to loosen the 2 bottom ones as the alternator has slotted holes on the bottom flange to the alternator, remover the 2 power connections - 1 plug and one bolted take the two vertical top bolts out that held the cooling pipe in place and pull the alternator straight up and out