Where is the cd slot on a 2017 crv

Asked by Feb 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM about the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

74,645

I imagine it would be in front of the deck, look for open door button.

79,475

Read your owners manual. You may not have one as everyone uses their smart phone with blue tooth.

7,495

2017 Honda cr-v does not have a cd player anymore

7,495

You'll need to burn ur cd's into ur smart phone or Iphone

320

NOT everyone has a smartphone ! Especially, retirees . . . I'm afraid HONDA has forgotten an entire market segment.

240

I made a big error buying a 2017 crv.Only realize that there is no CD player after I bought it.Shame to honda

460

I am furious that it no longer has cd player How do we do audoo books !

79,475

You can buy radio frequency adapters that will broadcast from a CD player to your cars radio. Around $20 or so.

60

Well I don't like this answer....

70

Yea, I didn't realize it either. Its ok though lots of other options for music, will listen to cd's at home.

250

I wished Honda had not removed the CD Players, we are seniors now. Honda we need your help!!!

74,645

There may be a place to plug in a cable in front of the deck to plug in a small portable CD player. Check your owners manual on the radio deck.

140

I told salesman and Honda the only reason I did not buy was no CD player. They told me to buy mp player. No clue what that is. I told honda big mistake CD'S are not dead you can still buy Cd's just about everywhere.

79,475

MP3 player. Your smart phone can do it or you can buy another player. $20 to $30 on Amazon.

30

Buy an iPod and have your children load it with all your cd,s. You'll love it.

80

It's amazing that everyone thinks people only listen to music, audiobooks from the library or rented at truck stops are my favorite thing and ripping them is near impossible.

160

NO CD = NO $ALE. HONDA TAKE NOTICE.

180

Former DJ needs to hear mixes on CD Business books are on CD...I'm not going to rip 20 CDs to usb and need them for road trips. Dynamic range and sound quality better on CD than compressed digital audio HONDA was cheap for not installing the CD player

60

I'm 67 and love my CRV. You complainers don't know what you're missing. Buy a cheap MP3 player and transfer your CD's to it. You'll have all your music on a tiny little MP3 player that takes up no space in your Honda's storage unit. CD's will be be obsolete soon. Like a previous post said, have your kids or grandkids do it for you....you won't be sorry. It's the 21st century. Enjoy what it has to offer!!

180

Kristen, I hope you don't vote with that logic. We like our CRVs as well but some people have standards and your simple, conformist perspective on consumer electronics isn't helpful. Please be considerate of others because it has implications on how products get designed.

60

Please follow your own advice and be considerate of other's opinions. Yo basically trashed me, bringing politics into the mix, and insinuating I am simple.

50

Why? CR-V cd player not in the cr-v touring. why?

50

AWK! Just bought a new E model and have been searching for the CD Player...you have got to be kidding!!!

70

Just took the Honda CRV off the list. NO CD player. Are you kidding me?

30

Just like iphone no more has 3.5mm jack. CRV has no cassette or cd anymore. One of the work around is portable cd player (<$20) and a bluetooth transmitter (<$20).

180

UNBELIEVABLE. Still haven't found a solution for lack of CD player. Called numerous custom audio experts. Satellite radio music programming is repetitive and weak, the USB port doesn't work, "Bokai"'s solution would sound like an AM radio not to mention impractical setup with cheap hardware add-ons. Honda where's your technology? At the very least put an auxiliary line input on the audio harness so people don't have these issues. Very disappointed with the Honda system on multiple issues beyond the lack of CD player.

79,475

RF adapters are FM, not AM. Unfortunately CD's players are last decades choice.

15

I even got a 3.5 mm to USB connector for my old Sony Walkman CD player, but it didn't work. USB jump drive works fine. Honda recommends using extension cord for USB connection.

I've not been able to get a Bluetooth transmitter to work with the 2017 Civic-Ex

30

I don't have a computer, I don't have an iphone, no clue what mp player is, but I do have a million cds that I love. I've looked at every SUV on the market and HONDA is the only auto maker ditching CD player. Bad move Honda. Hopefully 2018 they'll spend the extra 40 bucks and include it

10

You can still use a CD player. Use a portable CD player and get an aux cable one elf plugs into headphones socket and the other into car aux.

180

Cut3ne55 Apparently you don't understand this vehicle and how it's strategically designed to limit your options. There are many issues with your statement and there is no plug port other than a firmware specific USB input and bluetooth option which results in signal loss and loss of dynamic range aka. "sound quality". In other words, if I have a touring CRV with 9 speakers I don't want it sounding like an AM radio In addition, Honda customer service after countless attempts refuses to provide the audio specifications of the CRV even though the dealership confirmed it is possible to add an external CD unit through the rear serial port connections. Honda still needs to provide specs so the external unit will be recognized by the OEM system.

10

Wow...just persuaded me to not purchase crv.... Looking at smaller SUVs, Honda was in the running until I found out no CD player. Stupid mistake on their part.

20

I, ridiculously travel with an old fashioned Boom Box on the passenger seat in order to hear my CD's. Really unhappy with my new CRV for this reason. I should have purchased a used car. I wish Honda had an appropriate a answer for those who are as unhappy as I am.

I have an amateur radio transceiver that mounts in the rear uses a small remote display in the front but relies on the aux input for the audio. Love my 2017 CRV but displeased beyond belief that there is no aux input. Would not buy another one for that reason.

i agree. I do NOT. Always want to use my MP player! CDs have a specific place as they're easier to just play the one you want and any particular song you want, not so easy with an mp player to find and play specific songs. At the least the option for one should be available! I'm very upset cause after owning a Toyota we wanted to go back to Honda but now doubt we will. Think we'll check out Subarus they do have CD Players!

I'm really disappointed the CRV doesn't have a CD player. With the price tag on this vehicle you would think it would have a flippin CD player!! I wouldn't have purchased this car if I had of realized it didn't have one!