Where is the cd slot on a 2017 crv

Asked by Feb 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM about the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

76,295

I imagine it would be in front of the deck, look for open door button.

85,945

Read your owners manual. You may not have one as everyone uses their smart phone with blue tooth.

7,825

2017 Honda cr-v does not have a cd player anymore

7,825

You'll need to burn ur cd's into ur smart phone or Iphone

390

NOT everyone has a smartphone ! Especially, retirees . . . I'm afraid HONDA has forgotten an entire market segment.

290

I made a big error buying a 2017 crv.Only realize that there is no CD player after I bought it.Shame to honda

590

I am furious that it no longer has cd player How do we do audoo books !

85,945

You can buy radio frequency adapters that will broadcast from a CD player to your cars radio. Around $20 or so.

90

Well I don't like this answer....

70

Yea, I didn't realize it either. Its ok though lots of other options for music, will listen to cd's at home.

360

I wished Honda had not removed the CD Players, we are seniors now. Honda we need your help!!!

76,295

There may be a place to plug in a cable in front of the deck to plug in a small portable CD player. Check your owners manual on the radio deck.

200

I told salesman and Honda the only reason I did not buy was no CD player. They told me to buy mp player. No clue what that is. I told honda big mistake CD'S are not dead you can still buy Cd's just about everywhere.

85,945

MP3 player. Your smart phone can do it or you can buy another player. $20 to $30 on Amazon.

30

Buy an iPod and have your children load it with all your cd,s. You'll love it.

150

It's amazing that everyone thinks people only listen to music, audiobooks from the library or rented at truck stops are my favorite thing and ripping them is near impossible.

260

NO CD = NO $ALE. HONDA TAKE NOTICE.

310

Former DJ needs to hear mixes on CD Business books are on CD...I'm not going to rip 20 CDs to usb and need them for road trips. Dynamic range and sound quality better on CD than compressed digital audio HONDA was cheap for not installing the CD player

120

I'm 67 and love my CRV. You complainers don't know what you're missing. Buy a cheap MP3 player and transfer your CD's to it. You'll have all your music on a tiny little MP3 player that takes up no space in your Honda's storage unit. CD's will be be obsolete soon. Like a previous post said, have your kids or grandkids do it for you....you won't be sorry. It's the 21st century. Enjoy what it has to offer!!

310

Kristen, I hope you don't vote with that logic. We like our CRVs as well but some people have standards and your simple, conformist perspective on consumer electronics isn't helpful. Please be considerate of others because it has implications on how products get designed.

120

Please follow your own advice and be considerate of other's opinions. Yo basically trashed me, bringing politics into the mix, and insinuating I am simple.

90

Why? CR-V cd player not in the cr-v touring. why?

90

AWK! Just bought a new E model and have been searching for the CD Player...you have got to be kidding!!!

110

Just took the Honda CRV off the list. NO CD player. Are you kidding me?

30

Just like iphone no more has 3.5mm jack. CRV has no cassette or cd anymore. One of the work around is portable cd player (<$20) and a bluetooth transmitter (<$20).

310

UNBELIEVABLE. Still haven't found a solution for lack of CD player. Called numerous custom audio experts. Satellite radio music programming is repetitive and weak, the USB port doesn't work, "Bokai"'s solution would sound like an AM radio not to mention impractical setup with cheap hardware add-ons. Honda where's your technology? At the very least put an auxiliary line input on the audio harness so people don't have these issues. Very disappointed with the Honda system on multiple issues beyond the lack of CD player.

85,945

RF adapters are FM, not AM. Unfortunately CD's players are last decades choice.

15

I even got a 3.5 mm to USB connector for my old Sony Walkman CD player, but it didn't work. USB jump drive works fine. Honda recommends using extension cord for USB connection.

I've not been able to get a Bluetooth transmitter to work with the 2017 Civic-Ex

140

I don't have a computer, I don't have an iphone, no clue what mp player is, but I do have a million cds that I love. I've looked at every SUV on the market and HONDA is the only auto maker ditching CD player. Bad move Honda. Hopefully 2018 they'll spend the extra 40 bucks and include it

20

You can still use a CD player. Use a portable CD player and get an aux cable one elf plugs into headphones socket and the other into car aux.

310

Cut3ne55 Apparently you don't understand this vehicle and how it's strategically designed to limit your options. There are many issues with your statement and there is no plug port other than a firmware specific USB input and bluetooth option which results in signal loss and loss of dynamic range aka. "sound quality". In other words, if I have a touring CRV with 9 speakers I don't want it sounding like an AM radio In addition, Honda customer service after countless attempts refuses to provide the audio specifications of the CRV even though the dealership confirmed it is possible to add an external CD unit through the rear serial port connections. Honda still needs to provide specs so the external unit will be recognized by the OEM system.

60

Wow...just persuaded me to not purchase crv.... Looking at smaller SUVs, Honda was in the running until I found out no CD player. Stupid mistake on their part.

70

I, ridiculously travel with an old fashioned Boom Box on the passenger seat in order to hear my CD's. Really unhappy with my new CRV for this reason. I should have purchased a used car. I wish Honda had an appropriate a answer for those who are as unhappy as I am.

30

I have an amateur radio transceiver that mounts in the rear uses a small remote display in the front but relies on the aux input for the audio. Love my 2017 CRV but displeased beyond belief that there is no aux input. Would not buy another one for that reason.

20

i agree. I do NOT. Always want to use my MP player! CDs have a specific place as they're easier to just play the one you want and any particular song you want, not so easy with an mp player to find and play specific songs. At the least the option for one should be available! I'm very upset cause after owning a Toyota we wanted to go back to Honda but now doubt we will. Think we'll check out Subarus they do have CD Players!

60

I'm really disappointed the CRV doesn't have a CD player. With the price tag on this vehicle you would think it would have a flippin CD player!! I wouldn't have purchased this car if I had of realized it didn't have one!

10

Hi safety first. Very disappointed not to have the CD option, but bought the vehicle for the excellent safety record and features.

10

FYI - the new 2018 Toyota Rav4 doesn't have a CD slot either - Toyota took theirs out too. :-(

20

Absolutely ridiculous - the usb ports don't even support an external drive!!!!!!

20

With 12 hour drives (one-way), our salvation is audio books. Without a CD player, this is a no go. You cannot transcribe 8-10 hours of an audio book to an MP3. I'm afraid this means Honda is out of the running for our new car.

Anyone know if I can upload music to the car system? It has its own hard drive I assume. Maybe we can get there all our cd’s through a USB or bluetooth? Or maybe hondalink?

20

After the initial shock/horror about the lack of a cd player I have decided to give this "new age" system a go. I have ripped all my cd's onto my PC - an operation that took the best part of two days (around 200 cd's or 155 GB). I then transferred that onto two 128 GB USB3 memory sticks. With this done I now have much quicker access to any song than any cd system can offer and with the same sound quality as the original cd! I have transferred all the music using the lossless .wav-format as any of the available compressed formats such as mp3 just don't cut it for me sound quality wise. One can now easily flick through artist, albums and songs on the Honda system. Overall have a much better setup now compared to previously having to store, find, load and play around 200 cd's in my car! Well done Honda - It just needed a mind-set change from my side.

40

You can make all of the excuses you want for Honda no longer including a CD- player but I know hundreds and hundreds of people and every single one of them own CD's. I don't know what genius in the Honda Management group decided to ask some manufacture to produce audio systems for $30,000 vehicles and delete CD-Players should be fired. I am glad that I no longer sell Honda because I would hate to have explain to potential buyers that they won't be able to listen to their CD collection.

140

Sad thing sales people try and keep it a secret. Had I not taken my time in my research I would have bought and been extremely disappointed. USB suck. I ended buying a 2017 Tuscon with a CD player which has a much better ride. I would have never looked at a Tucson if Honda had a CD player. Thank you Honda

140

You must own a computer to transfer to a stick. I don't own a computer

30

we leased a 2017 honda civic for 4 years, only to realize after the transaction was all done that it didnt have a cd player. when i phoned to ask about having one put in, i was advised that i should just download music onto my phone like everyone else does. no more cds in hondas. - that is ridiculous and im totally unimpressed.

70

Not only had Honda eliminated the CD player from the CRV, they also eliminated the aux input to the sound system! Who's the moron? Honda for making taking away the CD and Aux options or me for buying this car?

10

I don't have an answer, still seeking one. Music can be covered in a couple different ways, plus the radio provides multiple choices. The problem ... CDs that provide audio books, or educational material, etc. that can run to 10+ CDs and Honda and other manufacturers elected to just ignore this significant community of potential customers. Hell the simple provision of an audio/aux jack would have been a major help. I have talked with a couple 3rd party audio speciality businesses and they say that they can install a radio/cd system, but they are concerned about what the impact may be because the vehicles are heavily computer integrated ... one even told me that it would likely void the car warranty. So here we are spent $30,000 on the car and now looking for an answer which so far has been; $250-300+ and possible loss of the vehicle warranty, including the extended warranty, buying a cheap assed portable/boom box which is a potential driver distraction when only one person is using the vehicle. Damn it Honda, get you heads out of the sand and come up with a viable patch!

140

I just read that the 2018 Honda CRV comes stock with a CD player. Little to late for this gal, I bought a Tucson.

I have a 2017 CRV touring AWD---NO CD. I am soooo disappointed. If I would have realized that I would NOT buy the vehicle.I use a CD player to learn special songs that a singing group I belong to have to learn. I play them while I drive. I also don't like that there is NO ocket behind the drivers seat---NO arm rests that come down on each side of the console. No storage space on each side of the console as was in my 2013 CRV. The console itself has a cheap piece of plastic that slides back and forth and is not convenient at all. I am very sorry I purchased this car. It'll be my last unless there are many changes. I could go on.

I am 23 and MUST have a CD player in the vehicle! Can't trust vaporware digital files on USB, etc. Too damn much trouble, too! CDs are VERY much around for anyone concerned about properly maintaining a music library. Then, of course, there are stupid millennials. Sorry, Honda: no CD player, no vehicle sale!