The 2017 Honda CRV has no CD player. What are the altenratives?. Aftermarket CD players, flash drive?.ipod?kr>

Asked by Mar 29, 2017 at 06:19 PM about the 2017 Honda CR-V

Will there be an aftermarket CD player on the market soon?

2,460

welcome to the new world, pilgrim.. you may me able to connect a portable cd player through the AUX or the USB ??

114,775

You can connect a CD player with an FM radio adapter. You tune the stereo in to a specific frequency and the adapter broadcasts the CD to your radio,

230

I downloaded all of my CDs to a memory stick. It took about an hour to download 25 CDs and I have more flexibility now than when I did with my old car's CD player. All the CD contents come up on the display and I can now choose which songs I want to hear.

270

How do you download your cds to a memory stick

114,775

You need a computer with a CD disk drive to load songs onto a memory stick.

740

I was minutes away from owning a 2017 crv when finding out no CD player, I've since found out Toyota is advertising they still have CD players, not really a fan of Toyota but I can't live without a CD player. I tried not listening to my CD's this week, never again

110

I was very disappointed that the crv did not have a cd player. Found out that equinox also doesn't have a cd player. Their loss. Seems they forgot the older generation.

340

Very disappointed the CR-V does not have a CD player! For the price tag this vehicle has on it it should have a CD player for those of us who don't want to go through the hassle of downloading all the CDs they have collected over the years bad move Honda! If I had of known this I would not have purchased it!

160

I just purchased a 2017 CRV and never even thought to ask if it had a CD player. My wife plays books on tape every minute that she is in the car and a must have on long trips. The CRV has every option except the one my wife uses the most. I called the sales person and he said I was the first person to complain. That may be because they knew about no CD and purchased something else. You think I was asking for an 8 track player! I think Honda really made a mistake.

740

I was told no. I don't use my phone for anything but phone calls. I can't afford unlimited GB. Don't have a computer, but I do have a ton of awesome CDs

320

Honda doesn't even offer an optional CD even if you're willing to pay extra! And to top it off, these fools eliminated the aux input! I called Honda for advice and they had none. I'll offer some advice, though......but from another company who understands and cares their customer base!

90

I was about to purchase the new 2018 Honda Pilot. When I found out that they no longer have a CD player I changed my mind. Honda has lost me as a customer. I was always a big fan of Honda but because they don't come with a CD player anymore I am looking at other options like the toyota Highlander, Nissan pathfinder or even a BMW which still all come with with a CD player. Honda is doing this because they want to save money and be cheap. Shame on you Honda. CDs are still in. Both the new and old generation still use CDs. Alot of people don't even realize that the new Honda's don't come with a cd player until after they purchase them and then regret it.

80

I was absolutely SHOCKED when I piled into my new 2018 CRV with my CDs and found out there was not CD Player. What the flip mode Honda. I honestly WOULD NOT have bought the CRV knowing this. I am really not liking this; and to add insult to injury, they don't even offer an aftermarket CD player. What happened to choices Honda??

50

I am also planning to buy a new CRV. But finding that it does not have a CD player, I am doubting whether I should buy it. I as always listens to audio books while driving. I cant afford to not utilize the time listening to audio books. Without CD player, I am ot not going to buy Honda CRV. They are going to loose me a s a customer forever.

60

It's surprising that so many people seem to be unaware of, or uninterested in, how easy it is to transfer CDs to a memory stick. Ask any high schooler to do it for you. There's no need to reject an entire outstanding vehicle because it no longer offers an almost obsolete medium. Thumb drives are much more robust, much smaller, and much easier to navigate through the big screen.

30

Is there a place to plug the thumb drive in? So that the music you downloaded from CDs to a thumb drive can be played?

60

Yes, in the center console there are two USB2 sockets, which can be used for charging, and one of them is also for thumb drives or smartphone integration (such as Android Auto).