sensor problems

Asked by Jul 24, 2011 at 03:14 AM about the 1993 Jeep Wrangler 4WD

I have a couple issue I need help with So heres a little background info on what I have replaced on my 93 wrangler (2.5 4cyl with the ax5)  I have replaced the iac, tps, 02 sensor, cts& thermostat , plugs&wires, cap&rotor, and fuel filter I also checked the fuel pressure and it is good! I will add I have done all this in the last month Any way my jeep has a really bad idol and wont start unless you have the gas placed down wich don't make much sense seeing how its fuel injected any way it wont stay idling until warmed up!  now for the next prob some times when comeing to a stop it will just die and last some times it does't want to start after running and when it finally starts it starts missing real bad until I get it moving! does it sound like a cps could be causing all my grief? I need help before my wife makes me get rid of my belovedid  yj!

any body?

Sometimes its easy to over think problems so back to basics so fuel,comprestion, spark, timing have you checked the timing?

I did get a code 14 today does that make sense?

your fuelpump could be has a sock filter on it could need replaceing.

Well I put the the new starter in today and it was starting good so i started looking at the wiring with it running and when I touched the CPS I died so I started it again and wiggled the wire again and then I did again! So I am looking and can't find and bare or broken wires any were so I don't know if there is a short or not! Any way I wiggle the big wire bundle ( the one that hook to the map, o2, CPS, iacv, tps sensors) and now my jeep just won't start at all! I am checked all the connection and they all loom good! Any idea's guys this is my dd so I need to fix it asap! I should ad the it turns over for a second the dies right away what cause that! Oh yeah it's getting fuel and I can hear the pump start up as soon as I turn the key! just a quick update I got it running and the engine light is finally on and I am getting a code 14

So I have a code 14 map sensor voltage to high or to low! along with the engine light I have a really low idol when when first started and it seems to be better when I disconnect the map sensor vacuum line from the throttle body! one more thing once it is warmed up it runs alot better but still has the engine light! any ideas guys?