Clock changes time

Asked by Oct 10, 2016 at 12:30 AM about the 2017 Volkswagen Beetle 1.8T Dune

Two times now, sept 28/16 and oct 9/16 , i go to get in to my car and the clock has been wrong, and i have not touched any thing . First time i reset it back to the right . Any explantion for this ???

Ask the dealership service department to look into it first.

I have exactly the same problem. My 2017 Beetle is at the dealer now. The said they hadn't heard of anyone having this problem.

We have the same issue on 2017 VW Dune, set the clock and in two days it can be off several hours! Calling dealer tomorrow!

Having same trouble on new 2017 Beetle

The dealership called me back and the mechanic issued a new radio to replace the old . I haven't had any issues about the clock any more

I am having the same problem with my 2017 vw beetle. The dealership told me that it has to be happening for them to diagnose the problem. I bought it new and about 4 months ago. Also had to change the time about 4 to 5 times now. After reading all the comments, it sounds like they, dealership, are trying to give me a run a round.

My 2017 Beetle is at the dealership right now with the same problem, as wells the satellite radio cutting out frequently.anyone else have that problem too?

We had the solution to keep the VW clock to the correct time. When you get in the car, hit the on button without the brake on, put your seatbelt on and everything ready, then foot on brake, start the car. This gets juice flowing from the battery, so the clock doesn't have to be reset. This has worked for the last two months without resetting the clock.

Bob, really that's a solution? I have the same problem and will never remember the correct sequence. I'm hoping the dealership will not suggest this is user error

My 2017 Beetle also has the clock issue. That is really weak that there is a VERY specific sequence of button, peddle, key, etc required.

Not only the clock, but also having trouble with the speed alarm (which is set to 80 mph) going off when I take off from a stop or even backing out of my driveway. And now the audio system is not working as well. Power up display comes on and then nothing.

Update on my 2017. Dealer never found a solution. However, one day my car updated thru my iPhone on CarPlay. Problem gone. Fast forward eight months. Loaner iPhone while mine is out for repair, and the clock reset. Back to my regular phone now, and no problem.

Well, that is interesting and a bit bothersome. My phone is Android. I have no idea how the phone would update the car. Or how the phone is keeping the car electronics functioning properly.

I do know that CarPlay in the beetle is by hardwire only. It asks permission to use data, and updates. As far as the person with the speed alarm, a fellow owner had their pink edition lemoned out due to the same issue. Replaced keys, computer, etc. and found no cure. (We both had the pink convertible, her alarm went off at 45 mph)