Open door dash light stays on?

Asked by Jun 03, 2009 at 08:54 AM about the 2000 Hyundai Sonata V6 GLS FWD

anyone know why the open door light would stay on even when all 4 doors are closed? it drains my battery everyday!

I would check the contacts on all doors to make sure one is not broken/stuck/ or not making good contact with the door.

the problem is the switch just put a spacer on the door directly were is the switch button

Eric, I have this preoblem with my 2010 Sonata. I am a 74 year old woman. Please give me more instruction.

Eric, your suggestioned worked. i located the switch and wiggled the switch within the rubber tip and WAH-LA it worked. now when i shut the door the "open door icon" is gone from dash board. thank you, as you probably save me a few dollars by doing this myself . thanks again, Becky

i have a 91 honda civic i have my dome light set to come on when i open a door well that works but when all the doors are shut the dash door light comes on an stays on but the dash door light goes off with the door/doors open. an it cant be wired backwards because there only one wire to the switch an its a negtive wire thats green with red markings... i checked the swithces an clean the ground to the switches i even put washer to make a better ground an still the light attends to stay on with the doors shut. iv tryed everything to fix the problem that i researched on the internet but the light stays on... any help!!!!

Eric, this is so correct. Once I figured out the switch you speak about is the black rubber thing on the car frame, it was a cinch to fix.....thank you so much for your answer....

Hi, I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata that I bought in Fall of 2014. One day I accidentally closed the driver's side door on the metal part of the seat belt that was hanging out and it caused the switch to not work properly (the door indicator light for the driver side comes on or causes the driver side door to unlock). I had duct tape stuffed into the rubber part covering the black switch to compensate and keep the door from unlocking and the car alarm going off when i'm not inside the car. Outside of going to a dealership, how do I fix the problem and keep the door indicator light from coming on like that?

Thank. You. Been having that issue. Was going to take in to dealers arm and leg but checked as u said and Wow. It worked. Ty

typical problen when the beal belt gets slammed on by the door causing it to dent at the bead base where switch is, replacing switch don't solve the problem you have to fix dent to make it even again