Open door dash light stays on?

Asked by Jun 03, 2009 at 08:54 AM about the 2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS

anyone know why the open door light would stay on even when all 4 doors are closed? it drains my battery everyday!

165

I would check the contacts on all doors to make sure one is not broken/stuck/ or not making good contact with the door.

245

the problem is the switch just put a spacer on the door directly were is the switch button

250

Eric, I have this preoblem with my 2010 Sonata. I am a 74 year old woman. Please give me more instruction.

90

Eric, your suggestioned worked. i located the switch and wiggled the switch within the rubber tip and WAH-LA it worked. now when i shut the door the "open door icon" is gone from dash board. thank you, as you probably save me a few dollars by doing this myself . thanks again, Becky

185

i have a 91 honda civic i have my dome light set to come on when i open a door well that works but when all the doors are shut the dash door light comes on an stays on but the dash door light goes off with the door/doors open. an it cant be wired backwards because there only one wire to the switch an its a negtive wire thats green with red markings... i checked the swithces an clean the ground to the switches i even put washer to make a better ground an still the light attends to stay on with the doors shut. iv tryed everything to fix the problem that i researched on the internet but the light stays on... any help!!!!

90

Eric, this is so correct. Once I figured out the switch you speak about is the black rubber thing on the car frame, it was a cinch to fix.....thank you so much for your answer....