Check engine light is on and car is not accelerating

Asked by May 12, 2015 at 01:45 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS

I have V6 Hyundai sonata 2001, currently ~143k miles. I drove it around 30k miles with regular maintenance and no issues at all and a month back I got the timing belt replaced at the local Hyundai dealer. Today morning while starting for office it refused to accelerate and max it went 20-25 mph, I also noticed the check engine light switched on. I have discussed with the service center and scheduled a check. Can someone suggest what could be the reason and also could it be possible that while timing belt replacement some of the parts were not properly/correctly fitted in. I also think it did start burning more gas for last one month. I welcome your responses/suggestions.

835

air flow meter sensor can make accelerating problems or throttle sensor the air flow meter sensor opens butter fly to accelerate it sounds like the air flow meter sensor is not opening the butter fly to give you power to go.

Thanks for your response; I also got it checked at dealership; they checked and said two codes responsible P0122 & P0449. While trying to change the TPS for P0122 they informed that the electric current input to TPS is not proper, somehow its receiving much higher than the std rated voltage (instead of 0.5 V its getting 1.2 V uniformly) due to this the auto transmission was not able to move to next gear and stays in 1st gear (around 20-25mph). As they say the ECM for sonatav6 was not available with them and also its costly.. (approx. $1150 only for the parts) Sounds like I do not have much options left except for going for another car