Starting after fueling

Asked by Aug 02, 2016 at 05:23 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Why is my 2002 sonata having a hard time starting
after refueling even after I have replaced the
vaccum solinoid a year ago?

97,135

It knows the warranty has expired so it failed again. Seems like a common problem with Hyundai's and Kia's.

26,235

once again...hows the fuel filter/pressure?

Tennisshoes I beleive it, my car is out to get me lol. Kelly idk what the the pressure is in the car it has no indicator of the pressure and as for the filter I really havnt had any problems with it. My car does like to drop rpm if I'm on the road for awhile and come to a sudden stop like at a red light.

97,135

That bad solenoid could cause that, when you brake hard the fuel will slosh and if that solenoid valve is open too far excess fuel can be introduced into,the intake system causing a momentary too Rick condition that the ECM will see and try to lean it out too much given it a drop in idle but it should recover quickly. It could also be an ISC that has a slow response time and have nothing to do with fuel slosh, the only real way to tell is by having a live data scan performed and duplicating the conditions that cause the idle problem. HTH

So basically just get a diagnostic to see what the true cause would be. Cause I was thinking of replacing that vaccum solenoid again and seeing if that does it but the last time I had solenoid problems the RPM would never bottom out on the road or turn my car off completely

97,135

Sounds like your on the right path.