i replaced my alternator & bought new battery because old alterntr killed the battery.So had mechanic put in battery &alternator. i reconnected aftermarket alarm system&it blares continually. HELP!

Asked by Jun 11, 2016 at 02:24 AM about the 1990 Honda Accord EX

I had an old alternator kill my battery. So I disconnected the aftermarket alarm system so it would stop chirping. so had a new alternator and battery installed.
went home, reattached the alarm system plug and it blared continually. so unplugged it. now after 3 months of driving the car and all well except the alarm system had a small chirp I heard. now car wont start but all lights light up on dash, but tried jump starting car and it wont start. took battery out to get tested and it is still very good shop says. so they said call dealer and ask what to do. dealer wont tell me over phone. and I cant drive the car to even get to dealer. SO, IS THERE SOMETHING I NEED TO DO TO TOTALLY DISCONNECT THE ALARM TO STOP SMALL CHIRP OR IS THERE SOME CODE OR SOMETHING I NEED TO DO WHEN YOU REPLACE A BATTERY / AND ALTERNATOR? THANK YOU.

1,770

My best suggestion is unless you or someone knows alarms really good take it to a good alarm installer and let them fix it. Most of us seem to make a mess of these systems!

it was an aftermarket alarm that worked fine until the battery and alternator were installed. the same day those installations were done I reached under the dash and re-connected the plug for the alarm and then it stayed blaring at that point. it never did that before the alternator and battery were changed out.

13,485

Have that alarm ripped and stripped(gently) out of the vehicle..pay to have it done,REALLY! Regards