1992 Honda Accord no crank, Please help!

Asked by Jan 19, 2014 at 05:25 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord EX

So i recently purchased a 1992 Honda Accord, everything seemed fine with the car, i drove
it for about 20-30 miles then it ran out of gas. So i left the car, went to go get some gas,
came  back and put in a couple of gallons and it started right up again for me like it had
twice before, so i finished getting it to my house and i began cleaning the car up because it
was a real mess from the previous owner, he had a aftermarket cd player installed that was
connected to an amplifier and a sub woofer. i did not want the sub woofer so i began
removing it, i disconnected the ground that was going to it and then the power that was ran
from the battery, then all of the other wires. after i was done removing all of that i went to go
start the car because i was going to go pick up some supplies and its just dead. the dash
lights don't come on, it doesn't try to crank at all. I checked all of my fuses under the hood
and under the dash and the ones under the hood will light up with a test light and show that
their getting power with a DMM. but the ones under the dash will not, they are not getting any
power what so ever and that fuse box is the one containing the fuse for the ignition. so i have
pulled every one of the fuses and they are all good, i checked the ground on the fuse box and
it is good as well. my question is what supplies that fuse box with power? I don't understand
how disconnecting the amplifier would cause a problem, i even hooked it all back up and of
course that didn't change anything. If you know what the problem may be please help. I
checked all the grounds under the hood as well and there all ok. what could have changed in
such a short period of 30 minutes to starting and then not even trying to crank over?

19,415

Main power supply from the battery. It may have a mega fuse inline on the cable. Trace the wire from the fuse box back to the battery and you will find the problem.

109,955

Was you doing the removal of items with the doors open? If so you ran the battery down. Try to jump start your car. Or better yet have battery fully charged then start it. Does not take all that long to run down a battery with the doors left open.

I believe the fuel pump is crispy and melted....please check the continuity of the motor at the connector~....most guys who like that big bass have their brains rattled out...get rid of that bazooba~

researching....you either have the "kielbasa of fury" or the in tank pump....the in-tank pump will burn itself up if not given a quantity of fuel what keeps it cool~ the kielbasa may be okay to run dry~ test the continuity~ https://www.google.com/#q=1992+Honda+Accord+fuel+pump&tbm=shop

170

Same problem as davidg89 gotta 92 Honda accord won't start crank and lights don't even come on either I think battery is dead but before it died the lights would come on and crank but not start so I'm looking for a solution to my problem I've heard its a bad relay , bad fuses, starter,alternator, distributor and safety relay switch I just want the actual answer. don't have tons of money to pour into it so if u have the answer you can email me at kcottrell1981@gmail.com thank you

35

It may be blown up. Take it back to the owner

10

I put in new fuel pump,new distributer cap,new roto brush,new wires, new spark plugs cylinder head 7 valve cover gasket,battery is fairley new. anew fuel filter,one new exhaust valve. It start and ran for five min. stop and will not restart,also slight leak from transmission

10

I'm having an issue with our car as well 92 Honda accord. It broke down on my fiance and he took the Cadillac converter off then the next day it broke down on him again so he bought a new alternator he made it to and from work then went about 120 miles and ran out of gas now that he put more gas in it and oil it won't start. All the lights come on still but idk what else could be the problem please help