huge vibrationg problem

Asked by Jan 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord EX

My steering wheel needs to have full on hands as it is pretty much jumping around.

35

you have either a broken tierod or your wheels are way off ballance or maby both

7,095

broken tie rod wouldnt allow him to steer though right? so i dont think its that but its possible. id check the alignment, the balance of the wheels, and the cv joints. and jsut to be safe even though this sounds dumb check your lug nuts.

325

check your steering rack and Your tie rods might be bent. You need to take a look at all your suspension parts. a little bit of everything can make this happen with our gen accords. Also dose it only vibrate when under acceleration?? if so it's your cv joints. Look at the boots make sure they aren’t ripped or leaking grease. YES check your lugs..Iv seen this happen some times when ppl use impact guns to put lugs on it can and will stretch your threads out. Make sure you ONLY use a TQ. Wrench when putting lug nuts on and do it t spec.

175

maybe a ply seperation in a tire. If the vibration is worse when you are giving the car gas. i would say a bad axle. Unfortunatly there are a lot of issues that can make your wheel shake. Any shop should be able to diagnose this fairly quickly.