i need to know the name of a part and where to get it for my spouses 1996 honda passport

Asked by Jun 25, 2017 at 02:34 PM about the 1996 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX SUV

after my spouse had some work done by a local shade tree mechanic her alternator belt wouldn't stay on. I looked and could see that the bracket pulley wasn't lined up with the alternator pulley. I removed the fan and bracket pulley and noticed that behind the lower bracket bolt location there wasn't anything to keep that part of the bracket from receding back further than it should. what does the piece look like? what's it called? and where can I get it?

251,615

A photo would help us identify it. Not everyone owns or works on a Honda Passport.

10

It is called a spacer or sleeve or bushing. I leave my nut completely off at the the seven O' clock position of the triangle. Because when I was bright. I said" There is a nut missing there!" Five chewed up belts later I removed the nut. been running fine since then until I find the correct spacer to put behind the triangle fan mount.

makes sense. I'll do that. thank you for the help.