SHould I buy a 1987Subaru GL ?

Asked by Sep 22, 2016 at 05:52 PM about the 1987 Subaru GL GL-10 Turbo 4WD Wagon

I found one for $600. I was looking for "last forever" on the cheap.
Only has 56,000 miles. How do I know if it has overheated, and how do I prevent that from happening? I can't afford frequent repairs and expensive parts. Is this out of my league. I drive less than 5 miles daily. 36 miles twice a week, and in the near future would need to drive 218 miles once a week.

257,485

If you need a solid dependable car without spending money on parts and upkeep, a $600 beater isn't one of them. If it is inspected and checks out, buy it and drive it till it dies. For a more dependable car you would need to spend much more.