My car will not start after i left my door open on my 1998 hounda passport and i tryed to jump it still nothing

Asked by Nov 29, 2015 at 07:58 PM about the 1998 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

16,850

Sometimes a vehicle will not take a jump right away depending on how low the battery is. Hook cables to the vehicles and start vehicle that is jumping yours raise RPMS slightly for about 45 seconds to a minute then try to start your vehicle this should put enough voltage in your battery to start it.

16,435

It's a matter of cranking amps when jump starting, if you can't get enough when jump starting from another vehicle, you either have to wait for your battery to recharge (which can take some time) or use something like a jump starter pack which can deliver a lot more cranking amps. If your battery went completely dead from leaving the door open all night it might mean it has a dead cell, making jump starting from a vehicle more difficult.