Why would I want to buy 25 year old Rolls Royce for day to day driving?

Asked by Nov 19, 2016 at 07:54 PM about the 1985 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur LWB

Why would I want to drive a 25 year old Rolls Royce for day to day driving,
when I could have a modern car with its technology? Is there a comparison in
performance and safety?

10

Prehaps because you like the smooth ride they have and you think it looks cool? or prehaps you find it relaxing to pay for the high cost of maintence and repairs of driving a RR everyday/ but surly not because of its ability to cut thru the corners and the breakneck performance which it does not have and dont forget there is no ABS or airbags for safety the choice is up to your personal preference but then again my daily driver is a 69 Camaro RS/SS 427 car which I bought in high school and it doesnt have airbags or ABS either to each his own have fun !

34,665

It depends on what image you want to project. Some people will be impressed but those in the know will see an old car that is really not worth all that much . The maintenance and repair costs will bring you down to reality before long.

That is what I thought; thanks.