D16Z6

Asked by Feb 01, 2012 at 02:05 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic Coupe DX

I just bought my 3rd Honda and its the 1993 Civic Coupe and it has a D16Z6 vtech motor in it. It just so happens I have another spare D16 motor and tranny in the shop. I am currently having iddle issues. When I go to start my car it runs perfect, throw her in gear and drive her then put her in park she starts making this wah wah wah sound. I've bleed my coolant but to no success in her behavior. I think it may be some sensors but im getting no check engine light. Its a SOHC. Any and all help is appreciated.

55

IACV, clean the screen if that doesnt work check for vacuum leaks.

Will do. A lil bit irrated. Got jipped like a mother ******. Wrong ECc (D15), no 02 sensor, lied on how much he paid for it. Little rat...

1,545

was it replaced or was it the stock ECU?

I just got off the phone with the guy and he got it from a junk yard. Not even a vtech chip in it. I put an 02 sensor on still getting the wah sound even though I bleed the coolant, cleaned the IACV, and sprayed seafoam into it.

Oh, and the car had a D15 in it originaly then it had the swap.

1,545

you might also want to check the relays if they're all compatible... i know both of those engines have the same sensors, or are they? that might be an internals issue..was the engine from the junkyard as well?

I couldnt tell you much on the motor. Bought it 2 night ago from a guy who had bought it from another guy a month ago. I dont think the motor was a junkyard motor at all to be straightforward. I can see where there was once a turbo on it and a few other pretty penny items. The guy who had did the original swap might have found something nicer to transfer his parts to and just sold it after stripping off external parts. I mean the car runs even on the wrong ECM but idk if the vtech works till I get another ecm

1,545

check the cams for multiple vtec links...

615

Some honda engines have two identical plugs near the throttle body just different colours. They are the only two plugs that are the same on the engine harness. If this is the case with your engine, try reversing them.

They are in the right spot. Just picked up the original ecm from the guy. Has water in it....oh well lets clean her up and see if theres a difference

1,075

i have the same or similar problem it is either the iacv, vacuum leak. i personally think that my maf is dirty. does your car idle funny if the iacv is unplugged mine seems to idle a bit better when it is not plugged in but i will try and figure out what is wrong with mine and once i do then ill let you know

I figured out what was wrong. It was my FTIV. Once I changed it I was golden. Now my fuel injectors are giving me hell. My motor bogs down when I give it a certain amount of gas and it backfires in the exhaust occasionaly. The injectors look close to new but hell.....this sucks. Kinda sounds like my motor is drowning from to much gas.

FITV*

1,075

hmm what if you cleaned you maf and checked your tps? i dunno just a thought. but that is screwy bro