new 2015 CRV won't start?

40

Asked by May 28, 2015 at 07:20 PM about the 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Just bought a new 2015 CRV. Picked it up Tuesday night & wouldn't start Wednesday. It
was towed to the shop & they think it's just the battery.  I was able to program the radio,
phone book, seat, all that digital stuff and the lights on the dash lit up, it made noise but
just wouldn't turn over. Battery really? Is that possible?

69,645

Could be,but the good thing is it,s under waranty,

27,035

Sounds suspicious to me. As popular as the CRV is, I'm thinking that the ones actually made/assembled in Japan probably stay there. I will never buy a Japanese car that isn't assembled there. Your CRV was likely to have been assembled at their plant in Ohio (that thought scares me). A failed battery on a brand new vehicle? Seems unlikely to me. Sounds like BS to me....I'd be inclined to get ANOTHER CRV from this Dealer (don't let them give you the same one back) or just back out the deal entirely and get a Toyota RAV-4.

27,035

Hey Cathy! What was the outcome of this situation? Don't leave us hangin'!

40

They tried to tell us it was a fluke & may or may not happen again. We held our ground and got a different one. Thanks for your input!

20

you have to be careful where you parked your car and where you put the remote key. When they are close together, the signal drained the battery down overnight. Try to put your car far away from your key so they won't exchange signal overnight.

60

My son sent this site to me. I have the 2015 CR-V EX and have many issues with it, to the point I wrote to the VP Corporate Honda & GM. Today's issue. I left a lunch meeting and my 7 month old car would not start. AAA said it was the battery. Either they installed an "older" battery at the time of purchase, or else there is a parasitic drain on the battery from somewhere within the car. There is a litany of issues with this car, and most cannot be "fixed", as they are inherent within the manufacturing. Give me the older model Honda that was quality, and had stringent oversight on the assembly line.

120

any body knows why my 2013 honda crv its giving me problems. since the first day I had own this car has giving me issues, during the morning and cold weather days don,t starts. second year few more times did the same thing. this winter again has the same issues one again more than 13 times and last night did it again, so Im sick and tire about this, any body knows what I can do?

50

We bought a new Honda from the Honda Ocala, Fl dealer. We have had the problem of the car not starting TWICE. A gentleman who was sent from Honda USA to start it tried to sell us a new battery. I refused and the car suddenly started. Took it to a mechanic and said the battery was excellent. I am beginning to think this is a manufacturing defect that Honda does not want to address.

50

My 10 months Honda CRV 2016 also got the same starting problem, sometimes it does not start. I also think same that's a manufacturing defect because I am pretty sure my battery is just fine.

35

Mehmet - Have the replaced anything for you? I have a 4 month old 2016 CRV and they've replaced the starter twice now ... I'm picking it up tomorrow with the third starter in it. I'm in agreement that it's a manufacturing defect. I spoke with Honda Canada and they were useless ... said not to worry they'd repair it every time since it was under warranty.

80

My 2015 Honda CRV will not start. Drove it 5 minutes before no previous problem now just clicking with dash lights coming on intermediately. Thought maybe key fob battery changed it out not the problem. Call the Honda help just got someone reading a owners manual - no help! Looks like its a trade in!

40

Had a similar problem with my wifes 1 year old 2015 CRV. would not start twice when she had been in the car wash. 2 nd time dealership replaced battery even though the time before it tested good. Last time she was in the car wash the door locks would not open?

20

No answer , neither do dealers have a answer . Problem for me is in talking with the dealer in WI Milw , they never heard of it , 2 times for me . Dead nothing . Jump it and off we go . Starts every time until the next time . Appt tomorrow with the largest Honda dealer ever .

10

Peterr49 . The last two times I have had my 2016 CR-V at the car wash, when I went to leave it would not start. Have not had any issues other than this. My son just drove to denver and back, stopping several times to get gas on this trip and no issues whatsoever

80

My 2015 CRV died on me on June 24 on a trip out of town. Lights worked,horn worked but engine would not turn over. Heard clicking sound of old relay type noise. Could not jump it. Attached a charger for a few minutes and it started. This morning July 28,2017 it happened again in garage at home. Exact same issue. Battery voltage showed about 12.5 volts using a multimeter. Engine will not turn over. I attached a battery charger for about 15 minutes and it started up again. Turned it off and restarted with no problem. Rechecked the voltage with the car running and it showed 14 volts. This absolutely destroys my confidence in driving this CRV and having read the problems others are having I may get rid of it too. This is just not acceptable. Buyer beware.

40

I have a 2015 that just turned 40k miles and I'm having the same problems, exactly. Honda needs to fix this!!!

80

My dealer fixed the problem by replacing the battery and the sticking relay for no charge. So far so good. He said he has fixed a few of the same problems already on his own. I am lucky to have a great guy who sold me the car and takes care of any problems I run into. Of course I plan to do business with a guy like that.

My wife's 2015 CRV is doing the same thing as a few above. It is now at the Honda dealer in York PA for the 2nd time. "We found nothing wrong" the first time. Like the above, I am losing confidence in taking the vehicle anywhere, let alone having her commute to work only to be stranded in a parking garage. Guess I better look to trade in for the Rogue or Mazda if it happens again.

50

My 2013 CRV is doing the same thing. I was told it was the A.C. relay. Replaced it and the same night it wouldn't start. Going to try the ignition relay next. Battery, starter, and alternator are all fine. So frustrating that Honda hasn't admitted this is an issue and suggested a fix.

I have a 2014 CRV and I am on battery #4. Today I drove to work an back. Went inside my house to change clothes came back out 30 minutes later and the battery is dead. This battery was replaced in May. And my car was just in for routine maintenance 2 days ago. I've heard "bad cell", "Louisiana weather", "you don't drive enough". I asked about parasitic drain and the service guy smiled and said that's not happening. Calls to Honda America were totally a waste of time. Thus car has now stranded me more than any car I've ever owned. This is my 5th and last Honda. I'll be trading it. Honda you have a problem.

40

I have had this happen to me twice now on my 2015 Honda CRV-EX. The first time I had this happen roadside assistance was able to charge my battery and the car worked again. The car was only a month old at the time with less than 30 miles. The second time it happened charging it did not work. My battery showed 12.2 volts, all of the lights would turn on in my car, the Bluetooth worked, radio etc. It would click as though the car were going to turn on, but it wouldn't start the engine. I had to have my car towed to a mechanic. After having full diagnostics completed on my vehicle they found that the cause of the issue was the aftermarket alarm system that the dealership had put on my car. Even though I did not purchase their alarm system the wiring was triggering my car not to start. The wires when slightly moved disarm the vehicle. I now have to pay several hundreds of dollars to have the wiring removed to prevent this from happening in the future leaving me stranded in parking lots. Thank goodness for my mechanic who was able to figure out the problem. Shame on Honda and their dealerships for allowing faulty systems to be installed on their vehicles.

To my surprise there are many people that are dealing with similar issues with their Honda CRV. I have a 2015 Honda CRV and my car will not start. I've had the battery checked and it is not the battery. Honda says they cannot help me because I am out of warranty. What rip off, I am very upset!

50

I changed the A.C. relay & ignition relays and I haven't had it stall since. They're a lot cheaper than batteries, so try those first. Hope this helps!

wow, can't believe this is as prevalent a problem as this ... ours is a 2016 CRV Touring. It has left my wife stranded 3 times now and had to be jumped off, Honda replaced the battery last week, wouldn't start yesterday! Our interior lights wouldn't work until jumped, but the battery was good, now it wants to act normal when trying to find the problem ... oh course!

I've had this problem with my 2015 CRV twice this week. It's at the Honda service shop now. The battery check was good. They say they need to re- create it to do anything about it. I don't want to take it back until they figure out what the problem is because I don't want to get stranded again.

10

Honda put a new battery in my 2015 Honda CRV-EX 2 months after I bought the car. They never even told me they did it and I hadn’t had a problem. Now my car is 2 years older, still no problems, and yesterday they told me my battery is no good and I need to buy a new one. They showed me a print out of my battery test, which they have never shown before. They made me purchase one, even though it’s only 2 years old, I had no problems and they said it’ not under warranty anymore. I plan on returning it tomorrow and purchasing one from Costco for $30 less and the same 3 year warranty and not attached to Honda. This is my 3rd CRV. They are built cheaper at every model change. Next time it’s going to be a Suburu Forrester! I’ve had Honda’s since 1990! Very disheartening.

I have the same problem to. 0miles and car is not even delivered. Still in dealership. The put all the extras like hook, aeropack and illuminationpack. After that to wash and wax both. Car wont start. Mechanics has work 2days to get the car fixed. Delivery day was today but dealership called yesterday that car is "crap" not with word wont start. Little scared to buy this crapy honda crv. We'll see when i get the shitty car.