new 2015 CRV won't start?

30

Asked by May 28, 2015 at 07:20 PM about the 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Just bought a new 2015 CRV. Picked it up Tuesday night & wouldn't start Wednesday. It
was towed to the shop & they think it's just the battery.  I was able to program the radio,
phone book, seat, all that digital stuff and the lights on the dash lit up, it made noise but
just wouldn't turn over. Battery really? Is that possible?

68,305

Could be,but the good thing is it,s under waranty,

26,585

Sounds suspicious to me. As popular as the CRV is, I'm thinking that the ones actually made/assembled in Japan probably stay there. I will never buy a Japanese car that isn't assembled there. Your CRV was likely to have been assembled at their plant in Ohio (that thought scares me). A failed battery on a brand new vehicle? Seems unlikely to me. Sounds like BS to me....I'd be inclined to get ANOTHER CRV from this Dealer (don't let them give you the same one back) or just back out the deal entirely and get a Toyota RAV-4.

26,585

Hey Cathy! What was the outcome of this situation? Don't leave us hangin'!

30

They tried to tell us it was a fluke & may or may not happen again. We held our ground and got a different one. Thanks for your input!

20

you have to be careful where you parked your car and where you put the remote key. When they are close together, the signal drained the battery down overnight. Try to put your car far away from your key so they won't exchange signal overnight.

50

My son sent this site to me. I have the 2015 CR-V EX and have many issues with it, to the point I wrote to the VP Corporate Honda & GM. Today's issue. I left a lunch meeting and my 7 month old car would not start. AAA said it was the battery. Either they installed an "older" battery at the time of purchase, or else there is a parasitic drain on the battery from somewhere within the car. There is a litany of issues with this car, and most cannot be "fixed", as they are inherent within the manufacturing. Give me the older model Honda that was quality, and had stringent oversight on the assembly line.

100

any body knows why my 2013 honda crv its giving me problems. since the first day I had own this car has giving me issues, during the morning and cold weather days don,t starts. second year few more times did the same thing. this winter again has the same issues one again more than 13 times and last night did it again, so Im sick and tire about this, any body knows what I can do?

30

We bought a new Honda from the Honda Ocala, Fl dealer. We have had the problem of the car not starting TWICE. A gentleman who was sent from Honda USA to start it tried to sell us a new battery. I refused and the car suddenly started. Took it to a mechanic and said the battery was excellent. I am beginning to think this is a manufacturing defect that Honda does not want to address.

40

My 10 months Honda CRV 2016 also got the same starting problem, sometimes it does not start. I also think same that's a manufacturing defect because I am pretty sure my battery is just fine.

25

Mehmet - Have the replaced anything for you? I have a 4 month old 2016 CRV and they've replaced the starter twice now ... I'm picking it up tomorrow with the third starter in it. I'm in agreement that it's a manufacturing defect. I spoke with Honda Canada and they were useless ... said not to worry they'd repair it every time since it was under warranty.

60

My 2015 Honda CRV will not start. Drove it 5 minutes before no previous problem now just clicking with dash lights coming on intermediately. Thought maybe key fob battery changed it out not the problem. Call the Honda help just got someone reading a owners manual - no help! Looks like its a trade in!

30

Had a similar problem with my wifes 1 year old 2015 CRV. would not start twice when she had been in the car wash. 2 nd time dealership replaced battery even though the time before it tested good. Last time she was in the car wash the door locks would not open?

10

No answer , neither do dealers have a answer . Problem for me is in talking with the dealer in WI Milw , they never heard of it , 2 times for me . Dead nothing . Jump it and off we go . Starts every time until the next time . Appt tomorrow with the largest Honda dealer ever .

Peterr49 . The last two times I have had my 2016 CR-V at the car wash, when I went to leave it would not start. Have not had any issues other than this. My son just drove to denver and back, stopping several times to get gas on this trip and no issues whatsoever

50

My 2015 CRV died on me on June 24 on a trip out of town. Lights worked,horn worked but engine would not turn over. Heard clicking sound of old relay type noise. Could not jump it. Attached a charger for a few minutes and it started. This morning July 28,2017 it happened again in garage at home. Exact same issue. Battery voltage showed about 12.5 volts using a multimeter. Engine will not turn over. I attached a battery charger for about 15 minutes and it started up again. Turned it off and restarted with no problem. Rechecked the voltage with the car running and it showed 14 volts. This absolutely destroys my confidence in driving this CRV and having read the problems others are having I may get rid of it too. This is just not acceptable. Buyer beware.

10

I have a 2015 that just turned 40k miles and I'm having the same problems, exactly. Honda needs to fix this!!!

50

My dealer fixed the problem by replacing the battery and the sticking relay for no charge. So far so good. He said he has fixed a few of the same problems already on his own. I am lucky to have a great guy who sold me the car and takes care of any problems I run into. Of course I plan to do business with a guy like that.

My wife's 2015 CRV is doing the same thing as a few above. It is now at the Honda dealer in York PA for the 2nd time. "We found nothing wrong" the first time. Like the above, I am losing confidence in taking the vehicle anywhere, let alone having her commute to work only to be stranded in a parking garage. Guess I better look to trade in for the Rogue or Mazda if it happens again.