Why is my brat idling fine but when trying to go it cuts out snd I can't go

Asked by Jan 28, 2015 at 07:10 PM about the 1984 Subaru BRAT GL Standard Cab

Its a 84 yr model brat and just changed the
fuel line and carburetor as well what else
could be the problem

Do a compression check at that age. Have a feeling you will be low. Even if it doesn't smoke or consume oil. May need valve job...but may cost more that it's worth

6,845

Is it a new carb? Or used? It could be a tuning issue or a small vacuum leak but I'm not very in tune with carb stuff in general. It can be simple and sometimes not. I'm not disagreeing with compression.. but I would think the hesitation would be consistent whether or not it was under load. You may want to visit www.subarubrat.com and ask for help. Those are really neat cars, I had never seen one until a few months ago. Someone has one here in town. Best regards,