1985 subaru brat

Asked by Feb 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM about the 1985 Subaru BRAT

I have a 1985 brat runs fine and all of a sudden shuts down like it is out of gas, cranks over but will not fire, leave sit for a while re starts with no problemand runs fine I can not figure out why it does this

10

its your distributor.inside there is something that when it heats up it seperats,breaking contact.then it cools off,makes contact and away you go.till it heats up again.so find a good used distribator? and you should be go to go..c ya,Todd

10

Oh PS,check out Ultimate subaru message board or miles fox subaru......lots of cool stuff for subaru brats

http://www.economysuperstar.com/milesfox/subaru/subaru.html www.youtube.com/milesfox =^x^=

10

Hey Miles,That guy has been sitting in his driveway for some time now...hahaJust Jiving ya. I couldn't open the link.Todd, with the rollover brat ,"The Thrasher"...,we met at the subaru meet at Woodby(sp) Island,west of Mt Vernon.many years ago. I bought you a spare tire..